Unfortunately, the camera stops working on some phones after upgrading. We tested it on the Redmi Note 10, and according to reports, the new Xiaomi MIUI camera app doesn’t work also on the Redmi Note 10 Pro. Major Google Camera versions are usually released when Google releases a new device, but that seems to be changing as Google moves to multiple “feature updates” a year. Some of the new features can be used with the port on non-Google devices, while others can’t.
In this camera app, you will get to see a lot of amazing features using which you can take better photos. I suggest you find other people using the same phone as you and see which port/version/settings they’re using. See if there’s a GCam thread for your phone on XDA or posts on your phone’s subreddit. Sadly, this isn’t stable and sometimes some photos are lost. The solution is to keep this setting off or use a version that doesn’t do it by default. Most Google Camera modes work by taking multiple photos and then merging them to create a final photo (HDR). This takes a few seconds and during this time you’ll see a “processing…” notification.
- GCam APK is generally safe to use, but since it is a third-party app that is not officially supported by Google, there is always a small risk involved when using it.
- HDR Enhanced is the best one in terms of quality, but it’s also slower than the other two.
- They run Android 13 and are guaranteed to get three major OS upgrades.
- But it does cost a lot less, making it a more reasonable buy than its super-expensive big brother.
- Some phones only support a few seconds while others support minutes.
- If you decide to use SamFw, firmware files please ensure that you are fully aware of the potential hazards involved in flashing your device.
Developers do not need approval from any higher position , so they are only governed by the responses of their consumers. Try doing this to your phone manufacturer and see if you can get past the first level of outsourced monkeys, let alone actual developers.
installation instructions and download is our blog post today. Once you have opened the Google camera, tap any black area, and then select the config file you have downloaded. Tap RESTORE to make any changes you have made permanent. After you have done this, the Google camera will restart and will now be available for use.